Here's Everything We Learned From Melanie Martinez' Q&A
After releasing a new video clip for her forthcoming album and movie, and revealing the release date for both of them, Melanie Martinez did a Q&A about the projects on her Instagram.
Here is everything that we learned from that Q&A:
- The album will have 13 track
- The movie will be an hour and a half long and is a feature film
- There will be a tour to support the album
- Melanie Martinez wrote and directed the movie herself
- Melanie Martinez covered her tattoos for the movie because she wants to separate her as a human and Crybaby as a character
- The movie is a surrealist/dark comedy/musical
- She designed all the clothes with @.tinawhatever on Instagram. They are all custom made -The character in the movie is both bold and shy
- The reason for the September release date is because of "Back to school"
- There will be dancing in the movie
- She developed the characters through astrology
- The album will be very different than "Crybaby". It is more polished, much more grown and every song has its own thing but sonically/thematically fits together much better
- The hardest part was shooting in a different country where diversity was an issue regarding casting
Are you excited for the forthcoming record and film? Let us know by rating this article below or commenting on our social media.