Terms, policies & privacy
By using the Site, Application or Services, you agree to comply with and be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service (“Terms“), whether or not you become a registered user of the Services. These Terms govern your access to and use of the Site, Application and Services and all Collective Content (defined below), and constitute a binding legal agreement between you and The ONE.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you have no right to obtain information from or otherwise continue using the Site, Application or Services. Failure to use the Site, Application or Services in accordance with these Terms may subject you to civil and criminal penalties.
THE SITE, APPLICATION AND SERVICES COMPRISE AN ONLINE PLATFORM THROUGH WHICH CONSUMERS CAN REQUEST SERVICES OF EXPERTS AND VISA VERSA. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE ONE IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY AGREEMENTS ENTERED INTO BETWEEN EXPERTS AND PEOPLE WHO REQUEST SOMETHING. THE ONE HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE REQUESTS AND SERVICES OF EXPERTS AND OTHER USERS OF THE PLATFORM, APPLICATION AND SERVICES, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN THIS REGARD TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE OUR PLATFORM, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ONE IS LIMITED TO BEING A MEMBER AND AN INDEPENDENT, THIRD-PARTY CONTRACTOR, AND NOT AN EMPLOYEE, AGENT, JOINT VENTURER OR PARTNER OF THE ONE FOR ANY REASON, AND YOU ACT EXCLUSIVELY ON YOUR OWN BEHALF AND FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT, AND NOT ON BEHALF OF OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE ONE. THE ONE DOES NOT CONTROL, AND HAS NO RIGHT TO CONTROL, YOUR OFFER, YOUR OFFLINE ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR OFFERS, OR ANY OTHER MATTERS RELATED TO ANY OFFER OR SERVICE, THAT YOU PROVIDE. AS A MEMBER YOU AGREE NOT TO DO ANYTHING TO CREATE A FALSE IMPRESSION THAT YOU ARE ENDORSED BY, PARTNERING WITH, OR ACTING ON BEHALF OF OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE ONE, INCLUDING BY INAPPROPRIATELY USING ANY THE ONE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, APPLICATION OR SERVICES OR BY DOWNLOADING OR POSTING ANY CONTENT FROM OR ON THE SITE, VIA THE APPLICATION OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, AND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND RECEIVE OUR SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH THE SITE AND APPLICATION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE, APPLICATION, SERVICES, OR COLLECTIVE CONTENT. If you accept or agree to these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
Bookings and Financial
“Service Fees” means the amounts that are due and payable by a user in exchange for services of an expert. The expert alone, and not The ONE, is responsible for the service fee. The expert may ask any price for his or her services.
The ONE will deduct a 10% commission fee over all calls between user and expert.
The user will pay the requested fee per minute to the expert one minute after the call starts. Only if both parties are satisfied with the result, The ONE will pay the agreed fee to the expert, with deduction of the 10% The ONE commission.
The ONE takes full responsibility for the payment flow process within our online platform.
The ONE acts as a helpdesk for users of our online platform, for both expert and consumer.
A user can only use our platform when a user profile has been created and the user must top-up their online wallet linked to the user profile. The maximum amount per transaction is 100,- Euro. An expert can charge between 0,05 and 15,- Euro per minute for their services. The first minute of the call between user and expert is for free. After the first minute the user will pay the fee of the expert per minute. This will be deducted from their online wallet and added to the online wallet of the expert minus the service fee of The ONE.
Pay-outs can be requested by the user online via The ONE platform. A pay-out of your credits in your online wallet can take up to 20 business days and will be paid out minus administration costs.
TheONE credits - fair use policy
A fair use policy applies to credits obtained from TheONE.
Credits made available by TheONE to user(s), i.e. not self-purchased credits, can only be used for video calls with experts. These cannot be paid out to the user(s). If these credits are used and there is a suspicion that our policy is being exceeded, TheONE may decide not to proceed with the payout.
Dispute resolution policy
A user can block another user from contacting them in the future. A user can also report a dispute via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then contact the user(s) in question, start an investigation and view back the related video call when necessary.
Expert advice disclaimer
The ONE is not responsible for the level of expertise stated by an expert in their profile. The advice given by the expert to a user via our platform is outside the scope of The ONE. You understand and agree that The ONE is not a party to any agreements entered into between experts and people who request something. The ONE has no control over the requests and services of experts and other users of the platform, application and services, and disclaims all liability in this regard to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Intellectual Property Ownership and Rights Notices
The Site, Application, Services, and Collective Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of The Netherlands and foreign countries. You acknowledge and agree that the Site, Application, Services and Collective Content, including all associated intellectual property rights, are the exclusive property of The ONE and its licensors. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Site, Application, Services, or Collective Content. All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other proprietary designations of The ONE used on or in connection with the Site, Application, Services, and The ONE Content are trademarks of The ONE in The Netherlands and abroad. Trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of third parties used on or in connection with the Site, Application, Services, and The ONE Content are used for identification purposes only and may be the property of their respective owners. As a visitor, user or expert, you understand and agree that you are bound by the additional Terms, Guidelines and Policies that apply to your use of the Site, Application, Services and Collective Content, including The ONE’s Trademark & Branding Guidelines (as may be updated from time to time).
- To improve our website and or app in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site and app feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. This means the website will not function fully.
However, you will still be able to place orders. Third-party disclosure We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. Third-party links We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website. Google Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future. COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act) When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. Fair Information Practices The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors. CAN SPAM Act The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
What is The ONE's Content Policy?
By posting content in public areas on The ONE, you agree to abide by these guidelines and all other The ONE policies. We reserve the right to remove any content, in whole or part, that violates these guidelines or our Terms of Service, or for any other reason at our sole discretion.
In the event of repeated or severe violations, we may suspend or permanently deactivate the account(s) in question.
You can flag or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org about posts that appear to violate these content guidelines.
We don't allow:
- Advertising or other commercial content, company logos, links, or company names
- Spam, unwanted contact, or content that is shared repeatedly in a disruptive manner
- Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity, or that is profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, or harassing
- Content that is discriminatory (review our Non-Discrimination Policy for more information)
- Attempts to impersonate another person, account, or entity, including a representative of The ONE
- Content that is illegal or that violates another person’s or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights
- Content that refers to the details of a The ONE investigation
- Content that may pose a personal safety risk to a The ONE community member
- Content and services which are restricted and prohibited by our payment provider Adyen. For a detailed list we redirect you to: https://docs.adyen.com/legal/adyen-restricted-prohibited-list
In addition to the above, the following guidelines apply to specific types of content on The ONE:
Listings and profiles:
- Content that is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive
- Reviews that do not represent the author’s personal experience or that of their travel companions
- Reviews incentivized by a promise for payment, additional services, or a discounted rate
- Reviews motivated by a threat of extortion (review our Extortion Policy)
- Content that is off-topic, doesn’t ask a question, or doesn’t offer knowledge in response to a question as part of a larger discussion
- Trolling or repeatedly targeting community members
- When you delete your profile, TheONE has no influence on the visibility of your profile and content within the search engines like, for example, Google. It could take the search engines a certain period before your profile and content is no longer ranked within their search queries and thus will no longer be visible online. This is completely beyond our control and therefore TheONE cannot influence this and we cannot be held responsible for it at any time.
use of webinar services
You may only use the Services pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. You are solely responsible for your use of the Services and shall abide by, and ensure compliance with, all Laws in connection with your use of the Services, including but not limited to Laws related to recording, intellectual property, privacy and export control. Use of the Services is void where prohibited.
- Registration Information. You may be required to provide information about yourself in order to register for and/or use certain Services. You agree that any such information shall be accurate. You may also be asked to choose a username and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your user name and password and agree not to disclose such to any third party.
- Your Content. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content ("Content") sent or transmitted by you or displayed or uploaded by you in using the Services and for compliance with all Laws pertaining to the Content, including, but not limited to, Laws requiring you to obtain the consent of a third party to use the Content and to provide appropriate notices of third party rights. You represent and warrant that you have the right to upload the Content to TheONE and that such use does not violate or infringe on any rights of any third party. Under no circumstances will TheONE be liable in any way for any (a) Content that is transmitted or viewed while using the Services, (b) errors or omissions in the Content, or (c) any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to Content. Although TheONE is not responsible for any Content, TheONE may delete any Content, at any time without notice to you, if TheONE becomes aware that it violates any provision of this Agreement, or any law. You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
- Recordings. You are responsible for compliance with all recording laws. The host can choose to record TheONE webinars, meetings and lessons. By using the Services, you are giving TheONE consent to store recordings for any or all TheONE webinars, meetings and lessons that you join, if such recordings are stored in our systems. You will receive a notification (visual or otherwise) when recording is enabled. If you do not consent to being recorded, you can choose to leave the webinar, meeting or lesson.
- Participant information. As a participant of the Services, TheONE can share basic information of the participants registered to a webinar, meeting or lesson of the host. This information will only be shared with the host upon request of the host. This information is limited to your name, email, timezone and if applicable your company name. The latter will only be shared with the host if it was a required field in the signup process of the host for that particular webinar, meeting or lesson.
Terms and conditions for "My Community"
TheONE hereby engages the user - and the user hereby accepts such assignment - to promote and set-up a community of new users meeting the criteria and specifications as set out below (”New Users”):
By accepting our terms and conditions for the “My Community” program the user enables features to gain new users to TheONE platform.
Every new user that subscribes to TheONE by using the personal affiliate link of the user or had it’s first contact by entering the personal profile page of the user will be added to the users community.
If a new user enters TheONE for the first time via the My Community user’s profile page but doesn’t subscribe and the next day enters the platform via someone else his or her personal profile page and then subscribes, the user will be added to this other user’s community.
If a community member deletes his or her account, the new user will automatically be removed from the user’s community. If the new user decides to subscribe again, the new user will not be added to the user’s community unless it uses the user affiliate link or enters TheONE for the first time on the user’s personal profile page again.
First time site and app visits will be stored for 3 months.
The My Community user will be rewarded with 1% revenue share of the revenue made by all it’s community members for a period of 3 years from the date of subscription to TheONE.
The maximum earnings per month is 24.000 Euro.
Earnings of the users will be added to the My Community user’s wallet and shown within the personal dashboard.
Earnings can be paid out via the standard payout process of TheONE.
By deleting the account of the My Community user, the community will also be deleted and can not be restored.
TheONE and the My Community user explicitly do not intend to conclude an employment agreement as defined in article 7:610 and further of the Dutch Civil Code.
The My Community user is responsible to comply with local tax rules and regulations, including - but not limited to - with regards to VAT, to the extent applicable.
If in derogation of the position and the intention of the Parties, TheONE is held to the payment of VAT, income tax, national insurance and/or employee insurance, TheONE will be entitled to withhold (and pay) these VAT, income tax, national insurance and/or employee insurance premiums (all premiums for both the employer and the so-called workers' section) from the fees as referred to in Article 3. If the aforementioned indebtedness of VAT, wage tax and/or premiums will be determined with retroactive effect over a period during which there were no deductions over the fees referred to above, the My Community user is severally liable towards TheONE and will compensate those demanded tax claims, due social insurance, penalties and/or interest completely to TheONE at first request.
The My Community user shall not be entitled to any reimbursement by TheONE in respect of any costs or expenses incurred by the user in connection with its services under this Agreement which shall be for the sole account of the user.
The My Community user acknowledges that TheONE is the exclusive holder of all industrial and intellectual property rights relating to TheONE Platform.
All disputes, controversies or claims arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions shall exclusively be submitted in the first instance to the Court of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
If, in the opinion of TheONE, the user harms the brand or reputation of TheONE, or otherwise fails to comply with the terms of this Agreement, or violates any ordinance, regulation, or other law which applies to its performance herein, TheONE may terminate this Agreement immediately, upon notice.