The benefit of advice from a sales advisor
It should be easy to grow your sales if you offer the right products or services. Unfortunately, this is not always the case and sometimes the cause is difficult to determine. These days - certainly online - there is are a huge amount of factors involved in increasing the sales of a product or service. Investigating what has and has not been successful can give you insight into where you still need improvement. This way you can improve your sales results.
Sales professionals at CallTheONE have the know-how and can give you instant tips and advice when it comes to your sales. But why would you call a sales advisor via a Live Video connection? Here are three reasons:
- You only pay as long as you allow the conversation to last and the first minute is free.
- If one person has no answer to your question, you can call another sales advisor with the same ease.
- You can see the sales professional through the live video connection and there is always someone available.
Market segments that affect the sales process
Not every product is the same and certainly not every market is the same. That is why it is important to make a distinction within which market segment you are active before contacting a sales advisor. The two most important different market segments are:
- (B2C) Business to Consumer sales
- (B2B) Business to Business sales
Within these segments, there are all kinds of different sub-segments. The sale of a Laser Printer to an entrepreneur is something different than the sale of X-ray equipment with a service contract to a hospital. Both require a different approach and therefore a different sales process and sometimes even a different salesperson.
The essence of every sales process
Sales are always different. If only because of the personal style of an individual or company. Yet there are a number of standard facets that every sales process must meet. And of course, the sales professionals at CallTheONE are happy to tell you more about it.
You must essentially pay attention to the questions below in every sales process:
- Is there a market for my service or product or do I have to create the market?
- What is the information that a potential customer needs to get interested and how much and what information does the potential customer need to make a purchase?
- What style of communication does the potential customer want to hear or see?
- Through which medium - verbal talks, online information, magazines, etc - does the potential customer want to be informed?
- What are my unique selling points and if there are competitors, how do I distinguish my offer from them?
Simple questions, but sometimes difficult to answer in the right way. That is why advice from a sales advisor is useful. They are directly accessible via CallTheONE via a Live Video connection.
The sales process is often closely linked to a thorough marketing strategy and advertising campaign. That is why you could also ask your questions to marketing specialists at CallTheONE. They can also help you spread the right message.