Find a house as an expat in Amsterdam
Find a house as an expat in Amsterdam is easy with a local resident from Amsterdam who can show you around during a live video call at their smartphone.
Save yourself time with traveling and ask a local to show you the houses you selected and look along from a distance how the house looks in real.
You are looking for a house in Amsterdam but live somewhere else. Save yourself time and effort by the help of a local resident of Amsterdam.
After all, the inhabitant of Amsterdam knows what the best brokers and neighborhoods are and what you should pay attention to. You can look along from your PC or Smartphone and ask questions to your local guide or real estate manager.
Why ask a local resident to visit your next house?
- You look along when the local resident of Amsterdam visits the house you selected
- You pay per minute during the tour and the first minute is free
- You save time and money because you do not have to travel yourself
- During the live video session, you can ask questions to the local resident and the real estate agent
- You get an honest and independent opinion about the neighborhood, the schools, and the shopping centers
- Many local residents of Amsterdam speak your or many languages
Rent or buy in the Amsterdam region
People are constantly looking for a home in the Amsterdam region. Whether you're going to rent or buy is one of the first things you have to think about. As an expat, this decision will mainly depend on how many years you expect to stay here.
The number of international companies continues to grow and so does the demand for housing for expats. Prices of both private and rental properties have risen dramatically in recent years and it is expected that this will continue to be the case for the time being.
Be well informed about the laws and regulations in Amsterdam when buying or renting. Do you get a residence permit, how long do you have to wait for a parking permit, are diesel cars still allowed in the city, etc.
After you have decided whether you want to rent or buy, the question arises whether you want an apartment or a house. The housing market in Amsterdam is booming. There are now many companies that rent a house or apartment to expats in Amsterdam. However, in the city center, you will mainly find apartments. If you want to live larger then you can also look in the region between Amsterdam and The Hague where cities like Haarlem and Leiden are also very pleasant to live in.
Landlords are looking for a reliable tenant so make sure you have your finances in order and can show that you can pay the rent. Most leases are for at least one year. After that, you can usually cancel your contract on a monthly basis. There are also houses available for temporary rental if you want to live in Amsterdam for a short period of time. However, the prices for short leases are higher.
The easiest way to find a house in Amsterdam as an expat is to hire a local resident
Every real estate agent wants to sell you an apartment as an expat. But is it also the right home for you (and maybe your family)? What about the neighborhood? Is it safe? Is the house well maintained? All questions that your own eyes want to see and your ears want to hear.
By asking a local resident to do the viewing for you while you watch and listen through a live video call, you do not get out of the door yourself and you still get all the information you want. He can also tell you all about living in Amsterdam.
This is how it works to view your next house with the help of a local resident of Amsterdam
- You are looking for your local Amsterdam resident at CallTheONE and ask if he or she wants to help
- You search the local estate agent yourself (or together) and make arrangements for viewing houses
- The local resident visits the houses and you view them remotely via a live video connection
- Have you found the right home, you come along and decide the next steps
Local residents of Amsterdam oppose swindling expats
If you are completely new to Amsterdam as an expat, you know you can be scammed. The local Amsterdam resident also knows that and can protect you. The advantages are therefore also many such as:
- Prevent scams by brokers or pawnbrokers
- Know that you are getting the right information
- Get up-to-date information about the state of the house and the neighborhood
With a visit from a local Amsterdam person via live video interaction with CallTheONE, you will not be surprised afterward and save time and money. Call now with a local resident and find the best and nicest home.
Salim Haddadpersonal trainerUS$ 0,80 pm
Aranka LaraPurpose coachUS$ 2,93 pm
Esther AyouYoga TeacherUS$ 1,01 pm
Nicci SeverenswriterUS$ 0,06 pm
Geert PelsmaMarketing strategistUS$ 1,81 pm